Friday 17 January 2014

A Greenhouse Fashion Show


Back in late September I was asked to put together (and host) an intimate fashion show by my fab friends John Flower and Michelle Shepherd who are directors of Hothouse Media & Events for their client QV Melbourne. It was to highlight the latest trends and fashion retailers at QV Melbourne for Spring/Summer and take place in the middle of the centre where they would create a beautiful greenhouse full of plants and flowers that evoked the spirit of the Hamptons in New York, designed by Liz from Flower Temple at QV.
When I first saw the space I was blown away, it was beyond beautiful. Liz and her team had created a magical floral greenhouse, perfect for a spring fashion show.
Thinking about sourcing the right outfits to fit this amazing space wasn't difficult as I knew we needed to show lots and lots of bold and wonderful colour. 

I along with my talented assistant Andi went about introducing ourselves to many of the fashion retailers and worked at getting the perfect cross section of all the fashion and footwear available at QV for many spring/summer looks.
As many people know I love vintage clothing and always like to integrate it into any of my projects if suitable. There is a great vintage store in QV called American Rag with a great owner/buyer who has a great eye and so they were Andi and my first stop. I also sourced from many of the other great stores including INCU (lots of great Karen Walker), MNG, Mossman and great shoes from Melissa.  


The lovely Chadwick models looking a little warmer

Come the first day and of course it poured with rain, so much so that our dressing & backstage area was flooded and poor Andi (who was running the backstage for me with about 3 dressers) couldn't start the show, add to that it was freezing cold and the wind had decided to really blow up our skirts!!! Not ideal for a Spring/Summer fashion show in a clear greenhouse with models wearing little summery dresses! 
What to do? Wait? Well yes and then in a strange (but quite normal for Melbourne weather) change the clouds parted and the sun came out and we had a lovely little Spring/Summer fashion show.


The night before our fashion show the great team at Hothouse Media & Events along with the QV Melbourne team created a fantastic opening party with  fashion presentation by fashion designer Jason Grech and Flower Temple for the QV Melbourne Spring/Summer season. 
I attended with one of my closest friends and the Make Up director of my fashion show Narelle Hall, of course there was a celebrity wall!     


The above pic is taken from the amazing Richard Nylon's Instagram showing the very talented stylist and friend Virginia Dowzer, Richard himself, Narelle Hall and myself enjoying a Spring champagne at the opening party. T'was a great night with a great mix of people! 


                                     The stunning Greenhouse at QV Melbourne


With Thanks to #QVMelbourne, #JohnFlower, #MichelleShepherd & #HHME team, #AndreaPlowman, #NarelleHall #ChadwickModels


No comments:

Post a Comment