Thursday 4 November 2010

A Summer Man...

A few months back I styled a menswear shoot for the current issue of Fashion Trend magazine. I like to take behind the scenes photo's to show you the reader of my blog what goes on when working on an editorial shoot but of course the problem is I can't show you these photo's till the magazine is actually out. Well Fashion Trend is out now and you can check out this editorial I shot with photographer Philippe Auger right now! The pic above is make up artist Bradwyn Jones grooming model Nick Wheeler.
This shot above is of model Ish and the main styling directive of the whole shoot was to combine colour blocking with a strong masculine feel all for a spring summer release.
The editorial shoot gave me the chance to use some amazing new Menswear designers along with some more established labels which I think reflects the modernity of menswear today. I always like to use as much local Australian designer fashion as possible and was really excited to feature Australian labels Trimapee, Limedrop, From Britten, Clemente Talarico and Leopold along with CK Calvin Klein and jewelery store Glitzern.
Another photo where I look like I just lift a collar or put a shoe on, I assure you I'm working my fingers to the bone! Bradwyn grooming his heart out too.
The above image did not make it to the final edit of the spread but I personally love this outfit consisting of Limedrop's Mens tunic and Leopold shorts and shoes, the chair is an amazing minimalist design from Corporate Culture
My great friend Jamie Couper Senior buyer at CK Calvin Klein is always so accommodating, allowing me to use the latest pieces from their collection and the suit above and shirt below are fine examples of the current collection.
I'd love you to check out the current issue of Fashion Trend and see all of this Mens editorial in all its glory, it also features my friend Alice Burdeau on the cover!
Fashion Trend Magazine 21
Stylist Philip Boon
Photographer Philippe Auger
Hair Christopher Dunkley
Grooming Bradwyn Jones
Models Nick and Ish

No comments:

Post a Comment